- Baton Rouge, LA
- Part Time
To foster accountability and transparency in Louisiana government by providing the Legislature and others with audit services, fiscal advice, and other useful information.
Our Core Values
Independence - We are independent in fact and appearance, objective, and nonpartisan.
Excellence - We believe in doing our very best at everything we do.
Professionalism - We hold ourselves to the highest level of standards, competence, and character.
Credibility - We are accurate, reliable, responsive, and accountable
Integrity - We maintain steadfast adherence to strict ethical standards.
A Recovery Assistance Section (RAS) Associate is a part-time professional who performs limited activities with regular oversight. This position is responsible for conducting assignments in accordance with applicable procedures, program rules, federal and state regulations.
The RAS Associate position differs from other Recovery Assistance positions by the level of supervision received, the complexity of assigned tasks, and the absence of direct line supervisory duties.
RAS Associates receive close supervision from the Auditor in Charge.
RAS Associates provide no supervision.
Examples of Work
- Performs detailed analyses of documentation submitted for reimbursement under Federal or State programs.
- Documents the work performed to ensure satisfactory completion and compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Prepares written reports.
- Develops a working knowledge of in-house computer software.
- Develops an understanding of and complies with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Develops proficiency in oral and written communications.
- Proactively communicates with supervisors to keep them updated on assignment progress and problems encountered.
One of the following:
- A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, meeting the eligibility requirements to take the Certified Public Accountant examination in Louisiana; OR
- Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant; OR
- Possess an advanced degree from an accredited college or university with at least 12 hours of accounting.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related to, or a logical assignment for the position.