- Baton Rouge, LA
- Part Time
Our paid internship program is designed to accomplish three things: 1) provide the intern an opportunity to work with a team on a relevant project(s) within our Recovery Audit Services section, 2) formally train and develop their skills, and 3) provide him/her with a realistic preview of what full-time employment is like as a staff auditor.
The Intern position differs from other Recovery Assistance positions by the level of supervision received, the complexity of assigned tasks, and the absence of direct line supervisory duties.
Examples of Work
- Performs detailed analyses of data.
- Documents work performed to ensure satisfactory completion and compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Prepares written reports and other presentations.
- May present the results of work performed through regular face-to-face meetings.
- Develops a working knowledge of in-house computer software.
- Develops an understanding of and complies with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Develops proficiency in oral and written communications.
- Proactively communicates with supervisors to keep them updated on assignment progress and problems encountered.
- Organizes and maintains documentation related to assigned projects.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related to, or a logical assignment for the position.
Interns must be in pursuit of an Accounting Baccalaureate or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least one full semester left to complete.
- Completion of 12 hours in Accounting.
- Minimum 2.5 grade point average (GPA).
- Work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week.
- Cover letter
- Official or Unofficial College transcripts