- Baton Rouge, LA
- Full Time
The Records Management Specialist II (RMS2) is a member of the Information Services staff and performs work in the Records Management section. The employee in this position must apply independent judgment and initiative in the satisfactory performance of assigned duties.
- Facilitates the daily operation of the Records Management section, including maintaining paper and electronic audit reports, working papers, and related audit by-products, as well as imaging operations.
- Processes work papers for archiving.
- Processes internal and external request for reports, including mailing hard copies, e-mailing and/or linking as necessary.
- Responds to internal and external requests for records, as legally allowed, including locating the requested records and forwarding the electronic or hard copy information from the records repository.
- Identifies and prepares correspondence documents for the imaging process according to batch class.
- Performs data entry of correspondence documents in the imaging process for future retrieval from the records repository.
- Provides assistance/guidance to Records Management Specialist I in regard to complex imaging process issues and instruction in completing duplication requests.
- Assists in training Records Management staff on departmental policy and procedures.
- Processes report distribution, including all preparation and distribution of LLA/CPA reports.
- Provides input on new procedures and products that improve quality and efficiency of work produced.
- Processes incoming correspondence and other electronic documents.
- Edits and republishes documents in the records repository.
- Makes copies for service areas.
- Locks the agency records room at the end of the business day as necessary.
- Assists internal and external customers who have questions about our web site, including the Audit Report Library (ARL).
- Processes Records Management mail in the absence of the RMS1.
- Retrieves, identifies, disperses, and performs data entry of incoming RM mail documents.
- Accesses and distributes information and records in secured repositories as required
- ONLY when acting in the capacity for Records Management administration;
- MUST have written approval from service area director or other appropriate party as allowed in LLA policy;
- MUST notify the Data Inventory Custodian(s) as defined in LLA policy prior to access and distribution;
- MUST be in compliance with appropriate data security agreement (DSA) and law as applicable.
- Assists in maintaining archival paperwork and systems.
- Performs other tasks, duties, and special projects as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related to, or a logical assignment for the position.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Typing proficiency of 35 wpm.
- Three years of related records management experience or two years of related records management experience with an industry standard certification or an Associate Degree or above.
- Document imaging experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift boxes that weigh up to 35 lbs.
Please visit our career site at www.llajobs.com or apply directly for this position by creating a profile and uploading the following information to https://careers-llajobs.icims.com/jobs/intro:
- Cover letter
- Official or Unofficial College transcripts