- Hammond, LA
- Full Time
For more than 50 years, the LLA has helped the state of Louisiana foster accountability and transparency within Louisiana’s government by providing the Legislature and others with audit services, fiscal advice, and other useful information.
Staff Auditor 1 has a minimum annual salary of $49,000.
Staff Auditor 2 has a minimum annual salary of $52,920.
Staff Auditor 3 has a minimum annual salary of $57,680.
Sr. Auditor 1 has a minimum annual salary of $64,150.
Sr. Auditor 2 has a minimum annual salary of $76,230.
The LLA is seeking individuals in our Financial Audit Section. This individual should have a working knowledge of governmental accounting and auditing standards. In addition, a Financial Auditor should possess effective verbal and written communication skills and work effectively with the audit supervisor, auditee and team members.
As part of our career progression framework, vacancies may be filled from this recruitment as a Staff or Senior Auditor depending on the level of experience of the selected applicant.
Examples listed below include brief samples of common duties associated with financial audits. Please note that not all tasks are included.
- May conduct financial, operational, and/or compliance type audits for a state entity.
- Assists in developing an audit project program and/or testing procedures.
- Assists in preparing audit reports and follow up to determine if corrective action has been taken.
- Performs financial audits by examining a variety of fiscal documents to ascertain the validity of information reported and the dependability of record keeping and reporting practices of an audited entity.
- Performs operational audits by analyzing and testing to determine if operational effectiveness and efficiency are being achieved according to business unit strategic objectives, and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of process controls.
- Performs compliance audits by testing to identify non-compliance with applicable laws, regulations, contractual obligations, or agency policies and procedures.
- May perform special audit projects and investigations, as requested or required.
- Uses effective sampling techniques during audits, as warranted.
- Uses data processing information systems, software, and other automated tools to assist in performing audits.
- Conducts inquiries of auditee personnel to gain an understanding of internal controls and is able to clearly document that understanding.
- Obtains relevant audit evidence and makes a preliminary evaluation of that evidence to reach logical conclusions.
- Identifies, assesses, and documents risks and demonstrates the ability to identify risks of material misstatement and risks of material noncompliance and/or indications of errors and irregularities or fraud and illegal acts during the conduct of the audit.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related to, or a logical assignment for the position.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university (in any major), meeting the eligibility requirements to take the Certified Public Accountant examination in Louisiana, OR
- Possess certification as a Certified Public Accountant.
Please visit our career site at www.llajobs.com or apply directly for this position by creating a profile and uploading the following information to https://careers-llajobs.icims.com/jobs/intro:
- Cover letter
- Official or Unofficial College transcripts