- Baton Rouge, LA
- Full Time
Education Outreach Senior II is an outgoing individual who enjoys creating a variety of educational resources and is passionate about educating and training people on state and local government accounting, finance, operational, and compliance topics. The Education Outreach Senior II is a highly skilled professional with an advanced knowledge of governmental accounting, non-profit accounting, auditing standards, internal controls, and best practices. In addition, the Education Outreach Senior II possesses initiative, creativity, and excellent communication, and organizational skills, is able to adeptly handle multiple deadlines and projects, and is comfortable making presentations to large groups of people and taking on a teaching role.
- Prepares high-quality, well-organized, logical, concise, and clear written documentation, presentation materials, and other educational resources, including content for online resources, such as podcasts, webinars, social media posts, videos, etc. that are informative, interesting, grammatically correct, and visually appealing.
- Possesses and continues to develop above-average public speaking skills with the ability to deliver complex information in a clear and engaging manner.
- Develops and maintains relationships with those who work in local governments, elected officials, and auditors to identify their needs and develop tailored education programs.
Project Management and Administration:
- Stays current on developments in governmental and non-profit accounting, auditing, and compliance and incorporates new information into educational programs and resources.
- Works with others to market and promote attendance at educational programs and use of educational resources.
- Provides educational resources to targeted local auditees and follows up if additional assistance is needed to resolve audit findings, management letter comments, and/or statewide agreed-upon procedures exceptions.
- Supports conclusions and educational materials with complete and accurate research and documentation.
- Strives to create additional educational resources in multiple forms that will be beneficial to elected officials, employees of state and local governments and non-profit and other organizations that receive public funds, independent auditors, and contract accountants.
- Works effectively both as part of a team and independently without extensive supervision.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Although primarily assigned to Education Outreach duties, the Education Outreach Senior II may also be assigned to other duties.
- Education Outreach duties include
- Working with the Director of Local Government Services and others on the Center for Local Government Excellence (CLGE) trainings and resources;
- Updating current local government educational resources (best practices, templates, practice aids, Louisiana Governmental Audit Guide, etc.) on the website and developing new educational resources incorporating the latest accounting and auditing standards and widely-used technology (software, social media platforms, online services, etc.);
- Delivering presentations at various conferences and trainings throughout the state, which requires in-state travel;
- Researching and preparing materials for others to make presentations at various conferences and trainings;
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of educational programs and resources and making and implementing recommendations for improvement;
- Working with others in preparing statewide agreed-upon procedures and Louisiana Governmental Audit Guide updates and may be asked to update internal documents such as operations manuals; and
- Answering the questions of local government officials or CPAs who contact the legislative auditor’s office for assistance.
- Other project/duties include fulfilling legislative requests and other local government projects or research as assigned.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates an understanding of local government operations, laws, internal controls (i.e. COSO, Green Book), and best practices.
- Demonstrates an understanding of governmental accounting and auditing standards (i.e. GASB, AICPA, Yellow Book), as well as non-profit accounting standards (i.e. FASB).
- Demonstrates an understanding of project, accounting, and auditing protocols software, and online applications.
Possess certification as a Certified Public Accountant plus two years of professional level experience, including one year at a level equivalent to a Senior Auditor. Experience working in a local government is a plus.
Please visit our career site at www.llajobs.com or apply directly for this position by creating a profile and uploading the following information to https://careers-llajobs.icims.com/jobs/intro:
- Cover letter
- Official or Unofficial College transcripts